What is it?
AmazonSmile first launched in the USA and then expanded to the UK in November 2017. Originally it only benefited 11 major charities, but now small and large UK registered charities can sign up.
How does it work?
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. When you shop the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to your charity.
How do you sign up?
1. As the authorised representative of your charity go to org.amazon.co.uk
2. Search for your organisation using your charity number and enrol
3. Create an administrator account and accept the participation agreement after reading carefully
4. Verify your email address
5. Submit your bank account information
6. Upload a copy of your bank statement to verify your banking information
7. Send your supporters instructions on how to use AmazonSmile to benefit your charity
8. Start shopping!