This workshop will provide an opportunity to learn about or refresh your knowledge on volunteering and the law.
Areas covered during the workshop are:
• the definition of volunteering and volunteers’ rights
• the difference between a contract and an agreement
• the impact on volunteering of Health & Safety, Insurance, the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 & the Equality Act 2010
• the current DBS checks situation
• volunteering and benefits
• the guidelines around volunteer expenses
• Volunteer Management Policies
• Good Practice Measures
There is no charge for this workshop however places are limited so booking is essential.