In response to the recent government announcement about lockdown, Voluntary Support North Surrey is registering a pool of potential volunteers to support the local community in the next few weeks/months.
The support needed is likely to be temporary and co-ordinated but may include activities such as:
- providing practical support to older people and other vulnerable groups affected by covid 19 e.g. shopping
- checking in with people over the phone
- supporting the running of foodbanks and community meal providers
- driving - to transport people and supplies
- IT advice for voluntary organisations and individuals about communicating online
- Administrative support - helping organisations to change the way they deliver services and contact people in need
When registering, it would also be helpful to state:
1. your age and any underlying health conditions (so we can match you with a suitable activity)
2. whether you hold a current driving licence and have access to a car
3. whether you have a current DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check and if so, with which organisation or if you are currently employed, could your Employer provide a character reference.
4. Which area you are prepared to volunteer in.
Once you have registered we will connect you with a local support group that are looking for volunteers.
Skills needed will vary depending on the role and activity.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
When do I need to be available?
Adhoc as and when required