The Volunteer can be involved to whatever level they wish to be.
They will be part of the WSS Fundraising and Events Committee whose brief is to:
- Stimulate ideas for events from the Work Experience beneficiaries, Trustees and Volunteers
- Find suitable venues, plan, Co-ordinate and organise the event
- Co-ordinate other volunteers, liaising with appropriate staff
- Support Work Experience clients in using Eventbrite or other platforms for ticket sales.
- Liaise with Finance Officer in monitoring finances
- Plan and organise prizes and promotional materials
- Liaise with potential sponsors and businesses
- Liaise with Voluntary Sector partners
Specific Practical Roles for Events (Ad-Hoc):
- Attend events and help with practical tasks such as setting up tables and chairs, putting up gazebos.
- Preparing and laying out food, serving food and refreshments, clearing away
- Transporting people and equipment
- Holding collecting tins at events and encouraging donations
- Manning an “Event Line” to provide information about events
- Collect and record cash payments for events
- Manning Charity event table and giving out information about the Charity or recording questions and contact details
- Manning activity stalls at events e.g. Tombola and taking payments
- Leaflet and poster distribution
Any other practical help required on the day!
Home or other venue as appropriate
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When do I need to be available?
Currently this role is Working from Home, meeting up in the office for a catch up with the WSS Co-ordinator, Wednesday afternoons
173A Kingston road