12 month position -1 year from time of appointment
Location: Home working until lockdown allows. Office locations throughout Surrey are available and a significant amount of travel throughout the county will be necessary most weeks. The position is a Surrey-wide role and place of work can be flexible.
Hours: full time – 37 hours
Salary: £29,000 p.a
Reporting to: Line management by S Sheppardson at VSNS for employment and HR requirements. The post holder will also report into a Project Working Group, made up of representatives from across Surrey, who will oversee the general direction of the project and review progress and outputs.
Purpose: To deliver the Young People Volunteer Project, identifying and developing opportunities for young people (aged 19 – 25 years) to volunteer with not for profit organisations across Surrey . How do we create the conditions under which young people are attracted to try and carry out volunteering activities?
- To build relationships with voluntary organisations in each Surrey Borough, to encourage and support these organisations to recruit young volunteers.
- To identify a range of volunteer opportunities that are suitable for young people, both online and in person across the Surrey area
- To work with organisations to identify and develop effective ways to promote volunteering to young people
- To carry out regular data analysis of Surrey volunteer databases, , monitoring volunteering trends relevant to young volunteers and making recommendations on future directions.
- Develop and maintain volunteering policies and procedures to support youth volunteering, responding to any changes in legislation and good practice/ trends in volunteering.
- To organise training for voluntary organisations about the issues involved in recruiting and managing young volunteers.
- Conduct regular steering groups with young volunteers to gain feedback and insight into their experience, sharing this experience with host organisations
- To undertake any other duties as required for the smooth running of the project.
- Experience working/volunteering with young people
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people including voluntary organisations and young people.
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Computer literate, with excellent knowledge of MS Windows or equivalent and social media.
- Able to travel across Surrey to visit voluntary organisations
- Awareness of the voluntary sector in Surrey
- Ability to analyse numerical data
- Experience of organising events
- Volunteer experience
- Designing and delivering training and presentations
- Knowledge of safeguarding
Closing date for applications:
Interviews to be held:
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining how you meet the person specification to S.Sheppardson by e mailing email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 28th at midday. Primary panel interviews will be held on the 3rd and 5th March 2012 via zoom